Welcome to my blog...

Prepare yourself for the roller coaster ride of emotions... Be forewarned, this site is my vent site... I cannot be held responsible for what may be said on this blog. Often it's just little tidbits of useless information, but occassionally a wobbler post slips in and all my feelings are revealed. Sometimes they are sweet, sad or cheerful.... but oh when they aren't... well just let me go ahead and apologize now. lol What did you expect?

Monday, December 11, 2006

Trying to stay awake

It's Monday, today is my laundry day. While waiting on a laundry rotation, I decided to watch a bit of tv. The side lights from the foyer were kind of bright, so I decided to lie down on the couch to block the view with my arm. BIG MISTAKE! I am so sleepy now. I can hardley see. The bad thing about it is is it 1:44 in the afternoon. I need to be wrapping gifts or something productive, but I have been meaning to blog for a wekk now, so I figured there was no bettter time than the present. I have Jr. Service League tonight. We are having our Christmas party at Kim's. I already have my dessert made. Whoo hoo for me! I even broke out the santa platter that I LOVE, but always forget about. My house is decorated as much as it is going to get this year I suppose. I couldn't put out the china or dining room decorations because we have a wall to mud and the dust would be yucky on my table scape! So I figured that I would skip this year... unless my wall gets mudded soon. I doubt that will happen though. The floor for the kitchen is still waiting patiently in the foyer. It looks nice in it's boxes. I bet it would look even better on the kitchen floor. Oh well, good things come to those who wait.

My Christmas shopping is done with the exception of a few gifts. I have managed not to go overboard this year on my nieces. They gave me only one request, so that is what I got them. It was all in the same price range too, so that took care of the fairness. What else is new? We had a wonderful time at church Friday night. Saturday we shopped and last night we had the church Christmas play and gift exchange. I got some wonderfully awesome gifts and one of my all time favorites. Popcorn! That reminds me, I should crack that can open and have a nice nutritious snack. I also need to work on my Christmas cards, you know the ones that never got sent last year. Last year was especially crazy as we were not home except on weekends in December. It has been nice to do things gradually and not have to haul gifts to Charlotte to wrap. I do miss that place though. I loved staying across from Paramount because it was all lit up and the way I would find my way "home" away form home each Sunday night was via the big Christmas tree that you could see for miles. We had developed a small family there in Charlotte. At night, one of our favortie clerks would bake us cookies and deliver fresh hot chocolate chip cookies and cold glasses of milk to our room. Now that is what I call service!!! Anyway, I guess I am done reminisincg for now. I shall return later. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: