Welcome to my blog...

Prepare yourself for the roller coaster ride of emotions... Be forewarned, this site is my vent site... I cannot be held responsible for what may be said on this blog. Often it's just little tidbits of useless information, but occassionally a wobbler post slips in and all my feelings are revealed. Sometimes they are sweet, sad or cheerful.... but oh when they aren't... well just let me go ahead and apologize now. lol What did you expect?

Friday, April 27, 2007

The unexpected...

Sometimes you think you know what you want and you have it, but maybe it isn't all that you want or maybe it wasn't what you wanted to begin with. Sometimes you don't know what you want until it's gone and then it might just be too late. There comes a point in time when you have to give up all you've been holding on to and face the reality that maybe your life isn't as perfect as you wanted it to be and it will never be. At that point it is imperative that you choose what is best for you and what will make you the happiest. It might not be what you think want to do, but it might just be exactly what you've been hoping you would find. Even if you weren't looking. At one point in my life I thought that I had it all and nothing could be any better. It wasn't long after that, that I realized what I had wasn't all it was craced up to be, especially when the one thing you held onto for so long, didn't return the favor. Now I am comign to realize that I am me and I love who I am. I am not the me that I have always been, but I am the me who I am now. I like this new me. I do things that I would have never done before and I feel comfortable with myself. I am running away from that miss sunshine/ stepford wife attitude and living my life for the first time ever. It feels awesome. Do I wish that my marriage would not have fallen apart? Absolutely, when you get married it is for life and you are supposed to do anything and everything to hold on to that. I did just that, but I couldn't hold on any longer and the rope finally broke. It has been an eye opening experience and a reality check to say the least. However, I love my life and I wouldn't change a thing. I don't regret things I have done or said and I won't either. Would I have chosen a different path if I would have known the outcome of the path chosen... I hope not. We all learn from our life moments, mistakes, successes, failures and heartbreaks. It only makes us stronger and prepares us for who or what lies ahead. No one goes into a marriage thinking it will only last a year or two and of course we don't plan on that... however life sometimes has a way of working things differently than we had planned. It just adds pages to a chapter in our book of life, we just have to remember that the best is yet to come. We don't know the plans that God has for us, but we have to realize that we can never even come close to realizing the greatness of His master plan, and no matter how great we think our plan is... it is nothing compared to God's.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love you! You are an amazing woman. I am always here for you whenever you need to talk, cry, or celebrate the good times!