Welcome to my blog...

Prepare yourself for the roller coaster ride of emotions... Be forewarned, this site is my vent site... I cannot be held responsible for what may be said on this blog. Often it's just little tidbits of useless information, but occassionally a wobbler post slips in and all my feelings are revealed. Sometimes they are sweet, sad or cheerful.... but oh when they aren't... well just let me go ahead and apologize now. lol What did you expect?

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Much needed update

Ok, so I have a lot of catching up to do.
First our Savannah trip-
It was totally awesome!! We had wonderful food, Paula Deen's restaurant The Lady and Sons was absolutely delicious and the staff was so friendly. Our waitress was Kathryn and she was just as excited as we were. She was totally awesome! We need to write them about her. Very good service! We did a tour so we were able to make reservations and did not have to wait in line. Their biscuits are the best! I don't even like biscuits, but these were so big and fluffy and light and just yummy!
I brought my dessert home to the girls and Kathryn gave us extra so that we would have enough. The girls loved it and thought they were big shots eating a famous persons cake. Last night out dinner was totally recipes of Paula's. They were recipes that I have, but just different versions, and mine just weren't as yummy anymore as I wanted them to be, but man oh man have they officially been replaced. Everything was made from scratch. I even friend chicken and even touched it. Totally unlike me, then I even had a bite of it. Of course it was boneless and skinless, but still a major deal. Casey and Cassi attempted to make dessert, it didn't quite turn out, but they attempted and what ever it was that they came up with tasted pretty good, despite their failure to read directoins thoroughly. Back to our Savannah stay, we stayed in the hotel part of the time and a bed and breakfast the rest. It was an awesome experience. Our hotel was free because we received points when RObert was in North Carolina for business. Our room was huge and very nice. The bed and breakfast was just a nice pleasant luxurious experience. It was our first B&B visit, but it is something we could certainly get used to more often. Love the decorating of the room and the colors. I have been online all day searching for their bedding. Hmm, what else... We went on a river boat dancing cruise. That was nice. We didn't dance though, I just enjoyed the ride and being on the water. One of the cooleost things about Savannah was on River Street at night there would be all sorts of musicians. They were so talented. There was even a magician one night. I wish I would have had my video camera, these people could certainly make it big time in the industry.Of course the prailines on the river were delish! Before I left several friends had said to have a prailine for them, let's just say I have had enough pralines for them for a lifetime probably. I had losts 20 pounds prior to my visit, but I fear that number may have gone down significantly since my visit south. They were giving out free samples and the samples were huge. Robert doesn't like original pralines, so I would get him to get a sample too and give me his. I couldn't resist. I have not really been much of a sugar person for a while, but I have made up for it. They were warm and fresh and irresistable. I promise that we did more than eat on our trip, but well eating is a big part of the south, so it's in my blood. We did work it all off I assure you. I was so excited that I couldn't get anywhere fast enough. I would just run ahead ready to snap pics. There are so many squares and we walked so much, so the some of the fat and sugar had to come off from sweating. We stayed an extra night and would have kept staying over and over, but Robert had to work and I have become accustomed to electricity and roof over my head, so I guess it was a good thing we came back home. We got the girls from Mama's when we got home. We cooked hot dogs for the 4th, but didn't shoot any fireworks. We usually go all out, but we were tired! So we just grilled the dogs in the oven. Today, we went to get Casey and Cassi's license. We are going back first thing in the morning, because the computers crashed today. Oh! We went to take pictures of Casey today. It was fun and spur of the moment.You can view the pics at www.creativeimpressions.photoreflect.com Click on C Brown and there she is. They are all untouched and straight out of the camera, so the good and the bad are on there. I haven't had time to play with them yet. She got her glasses and looks so darn cute. Of course she does not think so. She and Cassi are trying to decide what to do for their birthday, but aren't having much luck. We took all the girls home today. I sure am going to miss them. Bree cried because she didn't want to go because as she said, "We have so much fun." That was sweet. I told them they could come back soon, but I have a full day tomorrow and they do not like to run errands. Courtney's birthday is coming up soon. She is having a skating party, I think. She wants me to paint her room like and ocean or a water slide. She probably won't be getting either of those from me. The painting her mom and dad probably wouldn't go for and the slide, well too many birthdays here at once for that chunk of change. She really is very grateful for anything that she gets. She makes you want to get her stuff because she is so appreciative and dramatic. Even just simple things. When they ate the cake from Paula's restaurant, she said, "My mom and dad must take me there." I have brought her a big gumball before from a trip and she just gushes like it is made out of gold, her reply is usually, " Oh Sissy! You didn't have to do that. Thank you. You shouldn't have done this. I love it. Thank you so much!" Her version is much more dramatic and sincere though. I guess that is enough for now, I have "talked" your head off long enough. I need to get some rest so we can get those girls up early for their license. If the rain holds off. Cassi is trying for her drivers license and Casey is trying for her permit. I think they both will do just great, if they will relax. We shall see. We drove the route today and will practice tomorrow before hadn if time permits. Until next time... See ya~
G'nite

No comments: